MINI SE Electric trim levels

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by insightman, Sep 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The EV Specifications website has listed the three levels of MINI Cooper SE available in the UK with UK prices. They show Level I, Level II, and Level III. Perhaps those levels correspond directly to the Classic, Signature, and Iconic levels in the US. However, just as the agile production line can switch the steering wheel from one side to the other, it can probably mix and match the different components comprising the trim levels for different countries. Below is the list from the EV Specifications website with my comments in square brackets.

Level I - £24,400
    • MINI Navigation including Apple Car Play, MINI Connected and public charging locations
    • Digital Cockpit
    • Customise your vehicle with a selection of paints and wheels
    • AC/DC Charging
    • Cruise control
    • Dual zone AC
    • [Rear view park assist camera isn't in this UK trim level, but it will be required equipment in the US]

Level II - £26,400
    • Driving assistant pack (speed limit and traffic sign information, city collision mitigation for pedestrians, high beam assistance)
    • Rear view park assist camera
    • Comfort access [keyless unlocking and "ignition"]
    • Heated seats
    • Rear parking distance control
    • Additional paint and wheel options
    • Part leatherette interior

Level III - £30,400
    • Navigation Plus includes larger touch screen [8.8" vs 6.5"]
    • Front and rear parking distance control; includes park assist so the car can park itself
    • Panoramic sunroof
    • Head up display
    • Harmon/Kardon speakers [but the same stereo, I guess]
    • Full leather interior
    • Additional paints and wheels available

Pre-orders require a £500 deposit and include a Feel Good Guarantee. That means if you take MINI Electric [what the MINI Cooper SE is called in the UK] for a test drive and don't feel the good times, you'll get your deposit back.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

The German MINI Cooper SE configurator is online, showing 4 trim levels: S, M, L, and XL. I predict trim level S will not be offered in the US. I didn't include the German prices because they likely have no bearing on the still-secret US prices. Also, I doubt that the trim levels for the US will correspond to the German trim levels, where only the XL trim offers the Panoramic Glass Roof.

It's good that wheel bolts are standard equipment. Google's translator is far from perfect; there are many curious items on these lists besides wheel bolts, such as door mats. Here are Google's translations from German:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  4. T.C.

T.C. Member

insightman likes this.
  5. insightman

Here's a YouTube video with MINI Cooper SE trim info, including prices, by a well-known MINI aficionado known as MINIac.

> Well here you go. I have the full specs for the 2020 MINI Cooper SE,
    > Battery Electric Vehicle and the list of standard equipment is pretty
    > impressive. Enjoy.

This post will become obsolete as soon as the full information on the MINI Cooper SE's US trim levels is available to the general public, but as of 11/25/19, this is the best info I could find.

Missing from MINIac's list was the MINI Head-Up Display, which appears to be present on the White Silver Metallic MINI Cooper SE at the LA Auto Show. However, this MINI does not appear to have the Panoramic Sunroof. Perhaps this is a European-spec or UK-spec MINI because I don't believe the Head-Up Display would be available in the US as part of a trim level that didn't include the Panoramic Sunroof. Because MINIac didn't mention the Head-Up Display, it's unclear if this feature is available with any US MINI Cooper SE. These photos are extracted from an interesting TFLcar video from the LA Auto Show.
    upload_2019-11-25_11-28-33.png

The Head-Up Display does not appear to be present on the dash of the Moonwalk Grey Metallic MINI Cooper SE which, based on the MINIac's information and the colors of the upholstery, must be the Signature Plus trim level.
    upload_2019-11-25_11-43-42.png

Below, the $850 added to the prices MINIac listed are MINI's delivery and handling charges.

Signature Trim
    $29,900 + $850 = $30,750
    [This list came from the MINI press release describing the base price and features--I've added comments in square brackets]
    1. Navigation system with 6.5” display
    2. Apple CarPlay Compatibility
    3. Heated Front Seats
    4. Comfort Access Keyless entry
    5. LED Headlights and Fog lights
    6. Active Driving Assistant with Forward Collision Warning
    7. Acoustic Pedestrian Warning
    8. Rear View Camera
    9. Bluetooth with phone and audio streaming
    10. Auto Rain Sensing Wipers and Headlights [probably dark-sensing headlights?]
    11. Automatic Climate Control [not dual-zone?]
    12. Heated Mirrors and Washer Jets
    13. Cruise Control
    14. Leather Multifunction Steering Wheel
    15. Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster
    16. Energy Efficient Heat Pump
    17. AC Charging up to 7.4 kW
    18. DC Fast Charging up to 50kW
    19. Carbon Black Leatherette ["SensaTec," I believe] Upholstery
    20. 16" Wheels
    21. Storage Package

Signature Plus Trim $33,900 + $850 = $34,750
    [This price and list of components is from MINIac, but I don't know which features are standard with this trim level and which are options available only with this trim level or with this trim level and the Iconic trim level.]
    Optional 17" wheels
    Panorama Roof
    Rear park distance control
    Power folding mirrors
    Panoramic sunroof
    Harman/Kardon hi-fi [just speakers or more?]
    Interior style MINI Lite [MINI Electric Lite?]
    --Floormats, interior surface in dark silver
    --Cloth/leatherette upholstery in black pearl/light gray

Iconic Trim $36,900 + $850 = $37,750
    [Some of these features also come with the Signature Plus trim, but it's unclear which are optional]
    [Head-Up Display?]
    8.8" center touch-screen display
    Harman/Kardon hi-fi [just speakers or more?]
    Interior style MINI Electric package
    --Floormats with MINI Electric stitching [can I buy these for a Signature MINI Cooper SE?]
    --Anthracite headlining
    --Interior Surface MINI Electric [just the dash or more surfaces?]
    --Chesterfield leather, satellite gray seats

6. insightman

At last, the MINI USA site lists the trim levels on their updated page for the MINI Cooper SE.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

Why did the White Silver Iconic trim MINI Cooper SE at the LA Auto Show not include the Panoramic Sunroof that MINI lists as part of both the Signature Plus and Iconic trim levels in the US? The Signature Plus trim MINI Cooper SE at the LA Auto Show had a Panoramic Sunroof.

Will I be able to purchase an Iconic trim MINI Cooper SE without a Panoramic Sunroof? Is there any country that can delete the Panoramic Sunroof from the top trim level? Since July 9th, the White Silver MINIs used for public relations around the world have had the Head-Up Display but no Panoramic Sunroof.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019