New Clarity PHEV video

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Johnhaydev, Sep 9, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

I don't think it is misleading or intended to mislead. It is highly unlikely that anyone will assume that it means the car never has to be fueled. I guess as a stretch someone might be mislead into thinking that Toyota has invented a solar powered car.

I think the following statements are true:

- Approx 2% of new car sales are hybrids (rough numbers)
    - Approx (X) gallons of gasoline and (Y) tons of carbon emissions would be saved if hybrid sales say doubled to 4%
    - Pure EV or at least PHEV would be even better but not everyone is able or willing to charge at this time.
    - Even after all these years many people still don't understand hybrids and think they have to be plugged in.
    - Toyota came up with a marketing campaign that educates (and reminds) people in a catchy way that hybrids have some of the benefits of an electric car but they don't have to be plugged in
    - (opinion not fact) there could be people who will think about or reconsider buying a hybrid because of the marketing campaign. In the end it may not even turn out to be Toyota.

I am still not seeing why this is a problem, in fact I kind of like it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Not to distract from the great self-charging hybrid debate, but Alex on Autos has a new Clarity Plug-In Hybrid video you might enjoy.

4. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

In the end the video asked the right question, how far do you drive your car before parking it for hours on end? Makes very good points on why the Clarity is or should be considered a very desirable vehicle.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  5. To remove this ad click here.