Tricks to turning off blinker? Or just me?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Bender, Aug 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

Nope, does not work. There does not seem to be any way to cancel. As far as I can tell, once you go either part way, or all the way in either direction (for left or right turn signals), you are committed to a burst of three blinks, no matter what.

All you can do is get the turn stalk back in the center, so as not to overshoot to the other side, and as others have said, just wait it out. Ironically, while focusing so closely on the problem, I'm thinking three blinks is not all that long.

An overshoot, on the other hand, for three blinks in the opposite direction is probably so annoying because now the debacle has gone on for possibly twice as long, for as many as six blinks, with three in the wrong direction.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Bender likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

And by that point the person in the other lane will have backed far far away :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. Ryan C

Ryan C Member

I was struggling with this for a while until I read some of the other posts. If I want to cancel any turn signal I just click it back to center...don’t try to flick it gently to the opposite side to immediately stop it. I left it at center...it did three more flashes then it stopped. Stupid obvious moment for me as I was getting impatient and having a struggle of wills with my car back and forth. I’ve driven a Toyota Tercel, 1996 f150xl, Scion tC and I mid level Mazda6 so when I say I’ve never driven a car that does that...I’ve only driven 4 pretty basic cars. At 39 I’m still learning. It’s fine for me now that I get it

MPower likes this.