Climate control or A/C control

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Tim66, Jan 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

I took my Clarity in for what I thought was a fix for an "Abnormal Water Temperature Reading." The service recall stated "Replace the climate control unit" But later down the page it says "Correction: Replace the A/C control unit. Are they the same thing?

Tim

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

The 18-089 update required a part, a CPU assembly 06999 that is part number 06796-TRW-A00. Is that part number listed on your repair order?

4. Tim66

Tim66 Active Member

-QUOTE="Sandroad, post: 46111, member: 5847"]The 18-089 update required a part, a CPU assembly 06999 that is part number 06796-TRW-A00. Is that part number listed on your repair order?[/QUOTE]

That part number is listed in the first part of the order. But which update is it for, the Climate control unit or the A/C control unit or are they the same thing? The reason I'm confused is that the order says "correction" and then lists A/C control unit. It is probably just semantics but I'm curious. Thanks.

Tim

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  5. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

That part number is listed in the first part of the order. But which update is it for, the Climate control unit or the A/C control unit or are they the same thing? The reason I'm confused is that the order says "correction" and then lists A/C control unit. It is probably just semantics but I'm curious. Thanks.

Tim[/QUOTE]
    If that’s the part number listed on your repair order, those two descriptions are the same thing and it’s just dealer semantics. Both must refer to the 18-089 update.

Tim66 likes this.