Atlis Motor Vehicles Pickup

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by Cypress, Jul 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. They unveiled or revealed a new set of renders, hence the title.
    Of course, these are aspirational and it remains to be seen if the company will move past this stage. They have a pretty steep hill to climb, for sure.

NeilBlanchard likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Ohhhhhhhhh I like. Knowing the vehicle battery pack has a 10 year life span. I wonder how much a replacement pack would be. The price point seems more realistic for the average consumer compared to the Rivian.

4. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

How do you "know" that?

5. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

At this point in time it's more like "assuming" due to what they have stated on their website

Direct Purchase
    • 10-year, 100% warranty

• Pay-as-you-go charging

• Must carry personal insurance

• Starting $45,000
    That tells me the battery pack would last at least that long. Again it's all speculation as they don't have a prototype yet that I'm aware of.

6. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

Right - the battery is warranted to last at least that long, so it won't die at 10 years 1 day.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

LOL I don't know about that. The battery in my truck died at less than a year old. Replacement's been kicking for the past 5 yrs. One thing I've learned over the years is batteries are a crap shoot. Never know when you're gonna roll snake eyes. I know different kind of battery. I've got a Li-ion battery in my motorcycle that's been flawless for the past 7 years.

9. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

That's an uwarranted assumption.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  10. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Finally got an email from Atlis, they claim to have finished the prototype skateboard platform this month. Not much else to report but at least they are finally sending out information. Hadn't heard a peep since I registered over there. Some pics I gleaned from said email.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Pushmi-Pullyu

Parts of the suspension on that EV skateboard which should be robust rolled steel or cast metal parts, instead look like flimsy stamped parts.

[​IMG]

For comparison, here's a photo of Ford F150 front suspension:

[​IMG]

The more I see of what Atlis is doing and claiming, the less impressed I am. I'm not yet ready to say this is probably a scam company, like Faraday Future, but I do see some red flags -- such as the rather unbelievable claims for extremely fast charging. Plus, I don't see anything here which looks like it's going to lead to a company making real automobiles.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

The pic is less than detailed as far as suspension components go and as a suspension expert my self, I see what looks like box tube control arms, fairly robust if it is what it looks like. That F150 suspension pic is not oem, those are after market off road performance control arms etc... I even see welded on modifications. I have a 2013 F150 and I can take a pic of my suspension for comparison if you have doubts.

I'm not sold on any of the pre offerings thus far just using my humble but vast experience in the automotive field to analyze what's happening within all of these possible vehicles, not entirely sold on Rivian either although recent events with Amazon, and most especially Ford investments seems a little more solid.

14. Pushmi-Pullyu

Okay, thanks for your input. Always nice to see a comment from someone who has actual experience with the subject under discussion.

Mea culpa for posting bad info here. Unfortunately it's too late to delete my comment.
    :oops: