electric motorhome

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ruisvensson, Sep 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. I have a project for mount an electric motorhome, where the energy come from a set of panels on roof (5 fixed, 10 on 2 sliders opening when parked); when need recharge I search some good place for wait 8-12 hours.
    But my project is stopped, the situation here in brazil is getting hard to arise the money.
    So, I want sell the whole plans of the project; I will send a set of detailed plans for whom pay me only U$40.
    With the money, I will launch a marketing campaign for my SF book, so when I get about $120k I will begin the project; when finished I will publish a video showing the vehicle and it´s characteristics.
    In brazil recharge point is almost zero, nothing.
    With this vehicle, I will get avoid not only the gas cost, but also energy bills and home rent. In others countries, the situation can perhaps look as here; the temptation for surpass this is very strong.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The plans are now complete, including for whom lives outside tropical zone

4. guys,
    I want sell the whole plans of the project; I will send a set of very detailed plans for whom pay me only U$40.

With this vehicle, I will get avoid not only the gas cost, but also energy bills and home rent. In others countries, the situation can perhaps look as here; the temptation for surpass this is very strong. I have now the whole project, including for who lives outside the tropical zone. The vehicle dispenses then any recharge point, allowing stay long terms on remote places, perfect for camping or long travels. A vehicle that besides serving as a house also dispenses the energy bill and the periodic visit to the fuel station... considering the rise of fuel and electricity, it seems increasingly tempting.

I believe that putting a set of panels on the roof of the house is a good solution, for those who live in a fixed house in the city, and have their short daily commute to work. is the reality for most, no doubt.
    But for a growing portion of people who have decided to live in a smaller place, either because they have less money or to relieve stress, or have adopted an itinerant way of life, there is always a more adequate solution.
    If the person can take with him a set of panels with their support, and these panels are in sufficient quantity to supply energy to the traction of the vehicle, plus their daily activities, it creates a way of life of adds to the use of electric vehicles, this new way of life that is becoming a solution for those who want to add quality of life and low consumption, sustainability and pleasure.

5. The electric vehicle is not for everyone, today. The person who lives in an urban environment and travels every day coming and going from work, recharging from his own house, is a good example of who will have a good return on investment. Instead, the cab driver, traveling all day, travels about 800 km without time to recharge, not worth it. There is no way to accommodate enough battery power in a vehicle that can handle such an autonomy, nor will the recharge time be sufficient.
    Another worthwhile case: anyone who uses a motorhome for live, has enough time in every stop for complete recharge; else want begin a long trip, it´s first step must verify if exists recharging points along the way, will be a case for good return on investment. But... what if there are no recharge points? If the places you will travel are far from the cities, you probably will not.

But, and what if the vehicle can generate its own energy?
    Here is the hook in this project: a creative design, that can put enough solar panels in a vehicle to generate energy that can supply the path; evidently being a vehicle destined to make several stops along the way, in adequate places (sufficient space), and at the same time discarding in the set what is not essential. The worksheet that is part of the project demonstrates the energy viability and the cost / benefit ratio, which is largely favorable to investment. Provided that the ideal environment for this vehicle is not the urban environment (where space is limited) nor long trips without stopping. If the user really needs to enter an urban environment, it will be possible; but will have the small inconvenience of requesting an emergency recharge from any wall socket (which can take from 6 to 8 hours), or get a parking lot for a full day with sun, in some place without shadow, occupying the equivalent of 3 seats.
    This vehicle will have 10 panels in a fixed frame in the roof, and more 20 in 2 sliding frames, for open when parked. Obviously, you will need a place with enough wide for it – minimum, 8 m x 8 m, and without shadow. This exclude probably many camping parks; but this vehicle is designed just for whom want live free all this “camping points”. The cost / benefit for this is a great advantage, because the “camping fee” will stay far from you…
    This independence in relation to recharging points has a huge advantage: eliminating the cost of recharging, which will add to the savings in the electricity bill, and even in rent, if the person has the ideal of living in the vehicle. In times when the price of energy continues to rise, the need to reduce costs will hurt more and more people, except who is a millionaire.
    Includes this product: descriptive memo, detailed budget, basic / detailed electrical scheme, hydraulic scheme, cost / benefit analysis, functional diagram, single and multi-wire diagram, technical drawings, assembly script, energy consumption memo, technical requirements, pertinent technical standards - project mounted by experienced cost analyst, revised by an experienced engineer.
    This project had several versions, until arriving at a design that was really functional, safe and economical, besides meeting the technical requirements that allow the licensing. It is necessary to clarify in what conditions the electric vehicle design makes sense; otherwise someone will complain that it is not worth it. Yes, it's worth it, but under certain conditions. If you have a recharge time proportional to the desired range, it will be worth it.

cost-benefit.jpg
    This project was born when I decided to live in transit, that is, traveling frequently but without paying much. But things did not go as planned, the economy is sinking here, so I decided to sell the plans I had made for the vehicle, I added some more ideas to make it interesting for people from other parts of the world. With this money I will start the release of my book (branch: science fiction without fantasy); and I will accumulate a saving; so when I can raise a sum corresponding to the budget of the project, I will start the assembly of my vehicle. I'll post a video of how it was, for those who want to build it too. Arriving in a near future!
    Including in the project a electric tricycle (recharging also on the panels) for short travels around, exploring the surroundings, order supplies, and also maybe for get some best place to park. A drone also can be useful.
    The driver needs to be aware that the actual autonomy will be dependent on the battery charge; so when it reaches 60% it will turn on a yellow light signaling that it needs to search in the GPS somewhere near to park; when it reaches 55%, a red light warning it must be arriving at the place (this levels must be configurable in the panel). In this way, you will be able to maintain a minimum level of charge and maximize battery life, which accounts for most of the costs of the project, not only for the cost itself but for the need to switch over within about 10 years.
    Interested? Complete project for Only U$40 ! Contact: [email protected]
    And if you need to adapt to your personal case, I can extend this help at no additional cost; I have lots of ideas springing up all the time. Tips are as water for me.
    Because it be just a digital file, and of low value, do not accept return.

6. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

So, you are selling the plans for a vehicle which has not been built. Therefore, you cannot provide any real-world tips for doing the modifications, nor reports of what kind of daily driving range you're getting from the solar panels. Plus, you're not going to provide any refunds to those dissatisfied with what they've purchased for $40.

Also, some of your energy consumption figures seem highly questionable. The computer tablet for the GPS draws more energy per day than the refrigerator or the stove ("cook top")? That seems highly unlikely, unless the refrigerator and stove are actually powered by propane and the electricity usage is just auxiliary power to run the lights and digital displays.

Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware.)

I would be interested in reading reports if you ever get the thing built and try to use it for the purpose you describe. As I've commented in your previous discussion thread for this project, I doubt the solar panels alone will give sufficient daily driving range to make this practical. But I'm quite willing to be told I'm wrong if real-world experience shows otherwise!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Well, my dear Pushmy
    In this case, the refrigerator must be 12V, so it´s consumption will be minor.
    Also, I can provide many tips for doing modifications, I can adapt for each personal case.
    I believe I beware the buyer, but I will reinforce this advice.
    No, I don´t have any funds for those dissatisfied. I am selling by money missing, OK?
    But I need add as cost analyst I used create worksheets and calculus for found the best modelling to turn viable some difficult projects.
    Maybe you do not believe, in Brazil we have an environment that is not conducive to innovations; even so it is often the only way to solve some of the more difficult problems.
    The cooktop in this case is as um example; atually I was thinking buy or mount a solar stove. I have been verified, it works.
    And the tablets for gps are not all models so spenders; some are even very economical.
    And as for the reports that you would like to see, well, I based my calculations on the manufacturers' documents and folders and related technical standards. As I said, I had created this project for myself; when I decided to sell, I had to make several adaptations and inclusions to make it more understandable and consistent. Although it can not give a real guarantee that everything will work perfectly - after all it is an innovative project - I give my word that the model as it stands, complies with the state of the art, in line with what is being done in other parts of the world. world. I even read an article about someone in Germany who decided to do something similar - some panels glued to the walls and the ceiling - but obviously only gets enough energy to complement the level of the batteries; nor does it attain the degree of independence that I could create with this project, after all in this German project the panels are all fixed, in that detail is much of the difference.
    But I'll try to better clarify your doubts. I know the project may actually be misexplained. Sometimes the best person to create a project may not be the best person to explain it; so I'll look for some help to remedy these faults.

9. DonDeeHippy

DonDeeHippy Member

ouch I was looking at the 300 watt panels and they weigh 23kg each, so 30 would be 690kg just for the panels then u need the framework (need to withstand 100km wind and lots of vibration) so id say 1000kg just for the solar array...….a standard combi van is 1.8 m x 5.5 m... I guess u could put in a
    2.4m by 7 m array on top …. any wider and u wouldn't be able to use on roads.
    7.2 x 7m (size with 2 wings) equals 50 square metres so would be only 25 panels...….so only 7.5 kw system...
    Then the weight of the battery to tow this monster your not going to get 30kwh to go 170km's, more like 100km's then would be suss. you have a 8ft x 23ft x 18 ( I did imperial for our American cousins that where left behind) inch brick on top of you van the aerodynamics will suck a bit as well

The fridge seams right just the gps tablet is wrong. If I use my ipad and recharged 3 times a day would only use about 30wh a day..…. I use a 190-litre 240volt fridge with a inverter in my caravan and it uses 330 wh a day (28 ah at 12 v) on a hot day.

10. well, in my design look as all OK
    peraphs, the wind here are not as in your region
    the sunlight I think as nice, the website relate as very good
    and the consumption, right, the GPS don´t need 24 hs 30 days full time, only for driving
    the vehicle in my design is not a combi, but a micro bus
    for put in a small vehicle, you would only 4 fixed panels and 8 in the sliders
    look reasonable ?

11. well, in my design look as all OK
    peraphs, the wind here are not as in your region
    the sunlight I think as nice, the website relate as very good
    and the consumption, right, the GPS don´t need 24 hs 30 days full time, only for driving
    the vehicle in my design is not a combi, but a micro bus
    for put in a small vehicle, you would only 4 fixed panels and 8 in the sliders
    look reasonable ?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. yalcinarsan

yalcinarsan New Member

Can you give a little more detail about the content you are providing? Ie: when you say "plans" do you mean circuitry drawings? Or more? Please provide some more information.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Inside EVs mobile app

14. DonDeeHippy

DonDeeHippy Member

The wind would be the same if your driving down the road at 100kmh :)

if u use a bigger vehicle then of course more weight , Toyota coaster can be about 7 metres long so a 8 x 2 metre array would be posable. Thing is they weigh about 5000kg that's double a vehicle like a combi van , so fitted out as a camper and the arrays would be 6500kg's.... that means a lot more batteries to propel the thing (then add the weight of those batteries as well )... id say u would be at the magic 2kwh per mile (imperial again)
    so your looking at 75kwh for 100km's.... If u look up the new campers in Europe being prototyped that's about what they get....
    so 24 panels for your array would be 7.2 kva of solar, so on a good day u might get 45 kva for the day, take away inverter loss and running the fridge and appliances…. You might drive 50km's a day from charging...….
    I think u need to go back and rethink before u try to sell those plans :)

15. the plan is well thought out, perhaps not well explained.
    the equipment would be almost all 12 v, so the loss in the inverter would be minimal, almost zero.
    in my numbers, the vehicle would have 7.2 tons, 6.5 meters in length, 2 axles of traction to better distribute the weight, 2 engines with 24 kw each, 82 batteries 200 Ah, 11 fixed panels + 20 in 2 sliding frames .
    these numbers need to be adjusted if you want to adapt the design to a larger or smaller vehicle. in a combi, would certainly be smaller.
    as you will be in a motor home, do not need to travel every day, you can and should stay a few days in each place, enjoy the surroundings.
    for this price, I offer the technical drawings, the budget (with values of my country) with all components, cost / benefit analysis, weight / power, assembly script, basic electrical schematic + detailed, hydraulic schematic, relevant techniques and rules- all assembled by cost analyst, reviewed by experienced engineer.

16. DonDeeHippy

DonDeeHippy Member

11 Panels, the only 300 watt panels ive seen are 1m x 2m , your going to make the array 11 metres long on a 7 metre Vehicle ?
    82 batteries wow, SO lifepro4 12v 200ah, they weight about 25-27kg -- that's over 2000kg just for the Batteries...…..they also cost about $1200 USD each so that's $98000 just for the batteries.... no wonder u ran out of money :)
    a 7.2 tonne vehicle with 48 kw (around 60hp) that's about 150kg per kw or a ratio of 1/150...…. r u planning on only going 20km's a hour and only on flat ground ?
    What voltage r u going to run the van engines on ?
    SO a old bus say $10,000
    the appliances $5,000
    the solar array $10,000
    Controllers ,coolers for the electrics $10,000
    Batteries $100,000
    Labour ?
    And that would be USD as its pretty universal.....
    this much for a camper that can go maybe 50kmh (down a hill) and a range of 50km's (30mph and 30m a day) seams a bit unrealistic.....
    https://insideevs.com/saic-electric-maxus-ev80-van-lineup/
    https://insideevs.com/renault-master-z-e-enteres-uk/
    these 2 vans could work, with the SIAC looking far superior, with the solar arrays for a lot cheeper price and a new vehicle

17. I am realizing from the answers that I will have to assemble the vehicle to realize that it is feasible.
    so I'll have to get the money in another way