"Charging target set to 100%" in App

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Teddydogno1, Apr 18, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Just noticed a "new" section in the MINI app just under the current charge status that says "Charging target set to 100%." That link goes to the Charging Plan section, but I still don't see where it can be set to charge to less than 100% (not that I think doing so in a MINI SE is important). Does this mean they are maybe adding that ability in the future? Or that maybe the car can get an update to change that setting (to stop at 80 or 90%)?

Thoughts?

rob

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I suspect that's been added for the new MINI EV models, but I will be surprised if it's a capability added to our beloved F56 SE.

4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

I was told that ABC and fully charging was recommended. Is that not true? And if it is not true, why wasn't the ability to charge only to 80% available from the get-go?

5. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

first model year said ABC. But the 2023 manual says to charge between 20 and 80%.

revorg likes this.
  6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I've been following ABC almost daily and have 82,000 miles on my 2021 SE, no apparent drop in range. I would not worry about charging the SE.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

If it was available, I might set my charge target to 90% just for the halibut. But I'm not worried about going to 100 every day. Sparky is 30 months old and just under 30k miles.

rob

9. M.Tray

M.Tray New Member

I bought my MINI mostly because of you! RESPECT !

Qisl, insightman and Puppethead like this.