I just bought 2025 Ioniq 5 N!

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Driv200, Apr 17, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

Excited. New to forum. Looking for EV community. The N Arrived early and I was first on list. I have been following the Ioniq 5 N global launch. So excited for this. My first EV. I host private track days for my company Shifts & Giggles. Thinking of monitizing my You Tube channel. Plan to do track Days and weekend Hoonigan in the 405. Looking forward to sharing and learning about EV life from this community. Pics soon.

Sandroad and electriceddy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Great choice for a first EV. (wish I was so lucky - back in the day it was first gen Leaf or i-MiEV for mine)
    Welcome and look forward to those pictures. :)

Driv200 likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Be sure to show off the "we don't need a" rear window wiper Hyundai sneakily slipped into the N trim level.

Driv200 likes this.
  5. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

Hope to get pics soon.

And about the rear wiper….Ha! Not sure that would make me any friends. . And I’m going to need friends to educate me on all this EV stuff.

6. Christopher Beer

Christopher Beer New Member

The InsideEVs Education Features section has a bunch of excellent articles for people new to the EV world.

Driv200 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to reports on N Grin Boost!

9. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

IMG_9028.jpeg IMG_9029.jpeg Ink is still wet! Picking it up. First pics. N-Grin here we come.

10. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

IMG_9047.jpeg Drivers view. Love all the buttons.

electriceddy likes this.
  11. ^ Love all the buttons.
    [​IMG]:D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Driv200, insightman and Sandroad like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

Attached Files:

insightman likes this.
  14. insightman

Just don't tell anybody where you live.

It's beautiful! Why does only the N-trim get a rear wiper? Hyundai should at least include it with the Limited trim (the top non-N trim), too. I wonder if the Limited has the wiring for the rear-wiper switch and the wiper-bearing hatch?

15. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

I agree. That was an oversight. I haven’t had to use it yet if that makes you feel better.

Still learning the menus. The simulated DCT 8spd trans is awesome. Loving the sounds. Stereo is good. Definitely takes time to learn way around all the N system menus. Car rocks. Keep forgetting I have NGB button. Fun to squirt through traffic. Nobody knows what the N is…..only the few.

insightman likes this.
  16. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

3rd charging at DC fast charger. 18min is for real. Noticed stopping at 80% on fast charge, the car quickly falls to the 70’s after a few spirited miles. I charged it to 85% and that was better. This car is so unsuspecting. Nobody is ready when they see me accelerate away.

electriceddy and insightman like this.
  17. insightman

Are you careful to make sure your head and your passengers' heads are touching the headrest before you accelerate? Have you budgeted for frequent tire replacements?

18. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

Thanks insightman. Got to tell you, the car is wicked insane. I love it can do it al day long…..which I do showing all my friends. Pretty good about not snapping necks. As far as tires, I can’t imagine any tire lasting through all this torture at 4800lbs. I plan to have a second set of wheels and tires soon. But yes, tire budget “Go Fund Me” started.

insightman likes this.
  19. paul-home

paul-home New Member

Hi, does your car have an immobiliser on the keyring? I test drove one this week and there was something that looked like an immobiliser on the keyring but I can see no information about this online.

20. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

I don’t think so. Regular key fob.

21. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

IMG_9213.jpeg IMG_9210.jpeg Found a free DC3 charger near house. Wow! IMG_9210.jpeg

insightman and dark night like this.
  22. Driv200

Driv200 New Member

IMG_9242.jpeg First power upgrade.