October 2023 Map/Nav Update Released

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Oct 13, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I am having a couple of issues with this update:
    • The new Hyundai Pay feature doesn't work. When I tap the icon to access it, it tells me to activate BlueLink. BlueLink is already active.
    • The system seems to get quite confused on whether I am using Apple CarPlay or not. it frequently gets into a state where if I tap on Phone Projection it will say "plug in a phone with CarPlay" and if I tap on Phone (as if to make a phone call via Bluetooth) it'll say "this feature is not available while using CarPlay". This is with nothing plugged into the USB port at all. Eventually it fixes itself, but it's a frustrating 5 minutes or so of driving with no phone or CarPlay connection, and then I have to plug the phone back in for CarPlay to start working again.
    Other than that, the EV routing enhancements are... OK, I guess.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Here's a thought. Go into SETTINGS / PROFILE (I think it's under settings, or GENERAL) .. Take a look at your name PROFILE and check to see if BLUELINK is Activated THERE. I had an issue that went on for 11 months - 99% of BLUELINK Features were working fine. However SENDING POI from my Phone was not working since Dec 2022 after my Subscription Expired & I had to resubscribe. My SETTINGS / PROFILE said Bluelink wasn't activated, although everything else was working fine. BLUELINK Support JUST last week finally fixed this. My PROFILE now shows Bluelink Activated & I can send POI to my car for NAV.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.