Is there anything I need to reset before selling a Clarity?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Kerbe, Jul 21, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Does the infotainment system store my contacts? Do I need to disconnect the car from the app? So many questions...

TIA!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

I can't provide instructions but here are the two that come to mind:
    1) Bluetooth devices should be deleted which should wipe any stored contacts
    2) If Touring trim, Navigation stores breadcrumbs of your routes, so wipe that through the menus.

Then if you don't want to secretly follow where your car goes after you sell it, remove the car from your account in the HondaLink app and if you don't have multiple Hondas then delete the app.

Kerbe likes this.
  4. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

There is a full factory reset option in the infotainment center, however, when I was trading in my car the infotainment console went completely blank and I couldn’t get it back. A 12v battery disconnect and reconnect might have fixed but I wasn’t in a position to try that.

5. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

You might recall from my other posts (if you've read them) that I traded-in my 2018 Base Clarity on a 2023 Tesla Model 3. Tesla works with a third-party company to deal with trade-ins so I have no idea whatever happened with the Clarity until two days ago when I received an email from Honda asking if I knew that someone was trying to add my car to their HondaLink account.

First thing Tuesday morning I called Honda Support and explained everything to the operator who listened attentively and then told me that she was required to escalate all questions regarding Clarity to the next level of support and that someone would be calling me.

Wednesday morning I got a call from the escalated support person who explained that only his office can remove a Clarity from an ownership account and release HondaLink to accept a new owner. I needed to recite various forms of proof to him, explain why I no longer owned the Clarity and, finally, he did the deed.

As I have no idea where the Clarity is at present or who bought it, I apologize for this misstep and hope that they'll be able to link the car to their account without further ado. So the learning take-away is, if you're gonna sell your Clarity, let Honda know.

Madmartigen likes this.
  6. rose

rose New Member

Thanks

7. To remove this ad click here.