What did you do to your MINI today?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Oct 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

IMG_20221222_140219886~3.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I don’t remember if I diddled with that setting my first weekend of ownership, but I doubt it’d have an effect on range. If it’s not on recirc, it’s on fresh air, just a flapper.

4. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Stopped at the dealer for the Flex charger bracket. They had several in stock. Also got two cases of washer fluid for cheaper than what Costco sells for.

Whoever designed this charger is an idiot. First off ships with Allen screws and the orientation is just odd. I’ll prob get something better in spring charger wise
    69FA4DE0-610D-4A7F-9F92-002AA4B9EFDB.jpeg D211CA29-7EE3-4CAC-84F0-CF81B6B45671.jpeg D6ABCB15-0426-4BE8-A033-F04624C10813.jpeg

SameGuy likes this.
  5. SameGuy

YUL
    It didn’t come with the bracket? Huh. I guess mine was in that brief window to get the 120V, the Flex, and the bracket & holster.

6. SameGuy

YUL
    Oh yeah? Cool, I’ll grab a couple for the coldest cold snaps, and save the concentrate for when I can dilute at 1:8 or something.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Chip shortage for the bracket.

9. MrSnrub

I got the 14-50 and 120v plug. A bag and no bracket

10. MrSnrub

Costco was like 20$ a case on Tuesday night. I think I paid 14 or 15. I went for the concentrate but they don’t stock it anymore

11. SameGuy

YUL
    Yeah I had to order it on Amazon and I picked it up yesterday just across from Hemmingford (I had other stuff to pick up). Around $5 a pint, which is expensive at winter mix rates, but dirt cheap for any >0°C mix.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Recirc air is lot warmer before the car tries getting it up to the desired temperature. Less heating needed, less energy needed.

14. SameGuy

YUL
    I used to believe that when I was hypermiling with the fortwo cdi, but all it did was lead to misted up interior windows and more aircon use, so I stopped using it. Again, if it makes any difference at all, it’s so insignificant as to fall within the margin of error. You’ll get more efficiency variation from changing road conditions than from the ΔT of the climatized air.

15. teslarati97

That's because air conditioning uses the dark arts of a one-way heat pump.

16. SameGuy

YUL
    After an environment Canada forecast of 3 to 6 cm of snow overnight, changing to mixed precipitation at rush-hour this morning followed by straight up rain for a couple of hours, we ended up getting almost 10 inches of fluffy snow overnight that changed over to rain very quickly this morning. I took advantage of the above freezing conditions and wet driveway.

08A2BB1D-8C0C-4041-AF18-7A50862E5D55.jpeg 8C188CDB-AA5D-47C3-B0FE-E51A2737186D.jpeg

insightman and MichaelC like this.
  17. SameGuy

YUL
    FWIW, the CarPro Hydro₂ is holding up well after almost 2 months, including a month of winter weather. The thick layer of salty dirt just melted off with the pressure washer. Over the New Year’s weekend I will try to get around to do any proper decontamination wash followed by a correction and coating, though I will have to coat again in the spring after the car’s trip to the body shop.

18. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

Did it's job nicely.

IMG_20221223_115127954_HDR.jpg

19. SameGuy

YUL
    That’s a great pic!

Hutch likes this.
  20. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

I didn't realize that Toro was making electric powered devices. (Toro Flex Force Snow Blower)

Interesting.

Hutch likes this.
  21. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

If I was tech savvy I would show how awesome it truly is.

22. teslarati97

My neighbor has the smaller electric single stage Toro snow blower. Works great for 5 out of the 365 days, but it sits around for the other 360 days in the garage.

SameGuy likes this.
  23. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

I don't get much snow here but it sure helped out this wknd.