My SE is here !

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by MrSnrub, Dec 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Just picking her up now. Unprepared! Off to detailer

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jwzimm

jwzimm Active Member

Hopefully they at least fully charge it for you. ;)

4. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

insightman likes this.
  5. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

BRG with black roof - I approve.

Enjoy!

insightman likes this.
  6. MrSnrub

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

Wow! Most folks say they had to look for it, and their MA said they never heard of the grill shutter issue before. Your MA sounds on top of things.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. MrSnrub

I was checking the shutter myself and he commented on it

10. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

I, too, approve.

11. MrSnrub

07DBAB97-8E5D-4962-A8A1-5AC220B7297C.jpeg Dropped off at the detailer for paint correction and coating 07DBAB97-8E5D-4962-A8A1-5AC220B7297C.jpeg

MichaelC likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That must have been a scary ride, keeping your eyes wide open, looking for gravel trucks on your route!

14. MrSnrub

My wife was driving I was following behind in our F55 Cooper S so both of us were stressing

SameGuy likes this.
  15. MrSnrub

Before and after.

car was covered in brake dust from the train as well and general dirt

Attached Files:

16. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle New Member

Did your Mini come with Active Cruise control as seen by these two extra button on the steering wheel? Or did the dealer credit you for missing equipment?

snip.PNG

17. MrSnrub

She’s home now. Took a rolling shot of my wife driving it back from the detailer. Looks great in front of our Terraced Home

BA791260-1DF1-40D5-A9C9-68F83B8FAF2C.jpeg C89A25D9-5452-4311-A9A7-3D9962065FB5.jpeg
    I don’t think that was an option on my package. I’ll check the build sheet. I know there was a sheet with delivered with all equipment from Mini and said delivery as ordered. We got a credit on the No prep

MichaelC and SameGuy like this.
  18. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I should’ve taken advantage of the no prep. They did as good (or as bad) of a job as I had expected: DISO — Dealer-Installed Swirl Option. It would’ve taken me a couple of hours to do a better job than them, and maybe an extra few hours to perfect the already-wonderfully-finished factory paint (unblemished by the make-work project car wash bozos at the dealership), and then I would’ve coated it myself as I had already planned to do. Now I’ve got way more work correcting the paint before jeweling and coating it.

19. MrSnrub

661DC5A7-73E9-4169-970A-15A64F77E679.jpeg 5E3DF184-25C0-4612-BCD8-D3F2DBF5DFC5.jpeg
    Precisely why I had it done elsewhere from the start. My guy is in Pierrefonds near Gouin/Chateau Pierrefonds. Now I can properly maintain the finish myself.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    SameGuy likes this.
  20. SameGuy

YUL
    Lime green SwissTrax is new to me, that is an eyeful! He’s less than a km from me. Nice shop, good place to know. Mine is a museum by comparison (1960s house with a low-ceiling garage).

21. MrSnrub

I’m prob going to install that flooring in my garage. In spring. I sorted started building my garage. Painted and installed lights. Got lazy with the rest I mean my wife said cool it garage is not mission critical

SameGuy likes this.
  22. SameGuy

YUL
    I started my garage renovation eight years ago and I’m still not halfway finished lol. Got a new workbench and shelving units installed a few weeks ago, an overhead storage rack going in next week, and a 60 gallon stationary compressor if it ever gets here from somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon line.

ETA: I likely won’t be installing flooring until I replace the cracked, spalled, buckling slab. Effing pyrite.

23. SameGuy

YUL
    Lol you got me researching self-levelling concrete repairs for the last couple hours.