Canada - winter tires

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by tinpanalley, Nov 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

Tirerack has the full set of four 433 mhz tpms for $160.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

Winter is my favorite season.

Hakka R5 all ready!

PXL_20221203_172710735.PORTRAIT.jpg

4. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

I just used the Autel sensors we use at the shop on everything. We get them in bulk

SameGuy and teslarati97 like this.
  5. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

The ones Tire Rack has for $40 are not Huf. Those are even less at Amazon. The Huf that dont need programming are orange.

The Goodyear owned stores wont install sensors they dont sell. I had to get the ones that dont need programming so the used tire shop could install them on my kid's Cooper.

6. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Question: Is a 433 sensor a 433 sensor? Some sensors say they dont have to be programmed for a particular car. Others say 433 and nothing else. Will the Autel sensors you have work on my BMW that takes 433, and also work on my X brand car that takes 433 without being programmed?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

Would love to see a pic of them on the car.

9. MrSnrub

They are dual frequency 315 and 433. We have the TPMS programmer at the shop and I got my apprentice to set them up for me. We just follow the programming method using our autel scanner and them once on the car reset the system. No issues. Only cars that sometimes have an issue are Tesla which use Bluetooth and some older Porsches.

Only the really new BMWs Audi etc use physical sensors before they used a traditional ABS wheel speed system

Tommm likes this.
  10. MrSnrub

86F75E93-324A-41DA-8784-5E8E1663A7C3.jpeg
    I test fit them on my F55

Hutch and SameGuy like this.
  11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Lol during yesterday’s crappy weather

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. MrSnrub

Ha Friday actually but same weather

14. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

The ones that tirerack and discounttiredirect sell do not need programming. Tirerack even states that clearly on their website.

15. Hutch

Hutch Active Member

Have a link? I think I might pick up a set.

16. MrSnrub

I got these from a local supplier where we order tires from.

17. Rogwp

Rogwp Active Member Subscriber

SameGuy likes this.
  18. SameGuy

YUL
    Lol that’s Canadian cred right there, I too never call it anything but Crappy Tire! :cool:

Rogwp likes this.
  19. MrSnrub

That “list price” 162 should be the normal retail on them. Even that’s a bit pricey

20. SameGuy

YUL
    Into the 40s here today so I drove with my window down, gotta say, when leaving a stop, the Hakkaloogey R5s add a pleasing layer to a polyphony with the inverter and pedestrian warning, which becomes more prominent as the ped warning rolls off between 26 and 36 km/h. :cool:

21. SameGuy

YUL
    I mean, that’s Crappy Tire’s MO: show an inflated MSRP, and then advertise knockout special prices, especially with all the Chinese-sourced tools and stuff. At least the sales at Princess really are sales, while the regular prices on the Chinese stuff stay reasonable.

22. sacharama

sacharama Active Member

Just had 2 sets of tpms sensors installed to 2 sets of winter wheels/tires. One set is from tirerack and the other set is from discounttiredirect and both sets work without any programming needed. Just a simple reset on the display which took a couple of minutes.

Here are the mi/kWh so far:

32F
    Mid mode
    20 miles (average speed about 45 mph)
    Factory cross bars
    16" alloy wheels (19 lbs)
    Nokian hakkapeliitta R5 195/55R16

3.8 mi/kWh

Same route but at 22F

3.6 mi/kwh

I was getting about. 3.7 mi/kWh with the 17" power spoke with pirelli p7 prior to the winter wheels/tires swap at about 35F

It seems that so far the Nokian hakkapeliitta R5 low rolling resistance is demonstrating its effect, that is, not much range loss.

23. MrSnrub

We just activate them with our scan tool before installing. Good to hear about the R5s. We have sold lots of R5s on Teslas this year as the R3 is discontinued

sacharama likes this.