What do you think about this Prime XSE Deal

Discussion in 'Rav4 Prime' started by ForceEdge, Feb 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ForceEdge

ForceEdge Member

So I decided to look into appraising out super White 2021 Rav 4 Prime SE with the weather package ONLY in a dealership trade in.

The car has 1 in parking lot type of accident, 7,000 miles and near mint condition

they are offering 42,000 trade in value. We paid 42,256 MSRP when we bought in in September of 2020.

we were going to trade it in for the Blizzard Pearl 2022 XSE FULLY loaded premium package with every option. Also comes with mud guards, all weather floor liner and alloy wheel locks.
    MSRP is 50,883. They are charging me 3,500 over at 54,383.

after NY state rebate, and the federal 7,500

car comes to about 5,200 out of pocket with all the taxes. We were thinking of doing because used car markets hot, there’s an accident on the vehicle and we’d get a fully loaded XSE

think it’s worth it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

$5.2K to go from a 2 year old $42K car to a new $51K. Great deal! I have the loaded Prime XSE, the extra features over the SE are amazing.

4. Bmorse

Bmorse New Member

Sounds like a good deal but you might be able to do even better. We just traded a 2021 Prius Prime in for a 2022 Rav 4 Prime. I initially asked the dealer for a trade-in value and wasn't happy with the answer. So I shopped the Prius around to Carvana, Carmax and Vroom. This is really easy to do online, just takes a few minutes. I took the best price (which came from Carvana) and then went back to the dealer with that. They were willing to give me a trade-in value for the Prius that, when combined with my savings on sales tax, equaled what I would get if I sold the car to Carvana. Win-win: I was happy to get top dollar for the car and they were happy to have a late model Prius to sell.

5. D Lab

D Lab New Member

I hope you bought it, I've had my 2021 XSE for almost 2 years now and I love it. It's great, especially the head up display and adaptive cruise control. I use those constantly, and the GPS, which is not that great in my experience, a portable Garmin or cellphone app often seem more accurate. Mine was pre-Covid price, but yours looks like a good deal, they're still kind of rare. If you use the HUD, it's good to get non polarized sunglasses, as it's basically a glare/reflection on the inside of the windshield and hard to see with polarized glasses.