Hummer EV might be a big Rivian competitor

Discussion in 'Rivian competitor products' started by Domenick, Jan 30, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. General Motors has just announced the Hummer brand is back and it's going to be all-electric.

I think this might be the first big competitor for Rivian from an established automaker. I suspect there will be both an SUV and pickup truck as well, so it matches up with the Rivian line as well.

More of the reveal is coming during the Super Bowl in an ad, but it will be interesting to see what sort of range they are offering. It'll have a huge battery pack (I may have seen the battery already this past Monday while on a tour of the GM Battery Lab in Warren, Michigan) and it has a LOT of power.

I imagine it will also have a price to match its size and power as well.

I don't think this necessarily hurts Rivian. In fact, it may help bring more attention to the fact that there are EVs this big and capable. And Rivian will have the advantage of almost a year-head start in deliveries.

So, what do you think? Rivian killer or nah?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Max Solo

Max Solo New Member

The question is not simple. A lot will be obvious when there will be sales. In fact, everything is important. We can compare the characteristics. But operation and active use will be able to answer this question.