New battery installed

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MikeP, Sep 28, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Kona Man

Kona Man New Member

After going through the BBB arbitration process, I learned a few things.
    1. When filling out the Customer Claim Form it will ask for the date of first repair and the mileage of that date. Don't put the date the car was finally taken out of service. The date of first repair for Kona EV battery recall is the date that the battery issue was first addressed by limiting the charge from 100% down to 80%. Using the car with a limited battery charge is usage that is less than full potential range and we should not be made to pay a usage mileage deduction while the car was limited by the recall recommendation.
    2. The denominator in the mileage offset formula has a denominator of either 100,000 or 120,000. The denominator of 100,000 is based on the expected lifespan of a car. 100,000 miles is what a car was expected to go to 50 years ago. Cars built today are expected to deliver 200,000 miles or 300,000 miles for an electric car. The more recent versions of the mileage offset formula uses a 120,000 mile denominator. Still a far cry from what it should be. But using 120,000 will deliver you a much lower usage cost for the mileage offset which will be deducted from what the manufacturers will be required to pay you.

Jennifer likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. cmyoung72

cmyoung72 New Member

It’s from my ChargePoint Flex home charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

Thanks electriceddy. I just saw your post today. I have been so busy I have not been able to look at the Forum for a month or maybe longer. I always appreciate your comments. Did my post break the record for the longest post on this forum? I haven't seen any longer - not even close. LOL

electriceddy likes this.
  5. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

I was going thru some old photos I had on my phone of each of my charges. I didn't realize I still had them. Unfortunately, my car is losing charging range. The old photos are as high as 325 then 318 then 311 and the most current is 305. I'm going backward instead of forward. Still, with the rated range of 258, I have no complaint. I have my own charger in the garage and I have not set foot (or car) in a Gas Station since December 12, 2019, about 25 months ago. As you all probably know I don't drive much so I only charge my EV about every 3 weeks. Looking forward to getting something new with a HUGE Screen and a 400+ Range in two years. Hopefully, there should be something that will be available by then.

6. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. BaylorBob

BaylorBob Active Member

By the way, are you anywhere near Fallston NC (did I already ask you this?).

9. cmyoung72

cmyoung72 New Member

I’m in Durham, which is about 3 hrs east of Fallston (I had to Google that town!).

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs