Fix my front wheel well

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by id4driver, Dec 23, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. id4driver

id4driver New Member

Hi, today I installed a rubber snow chain for the first time, but somehow I didn't properly do it. The result is, some of them broke slapped on my right front wheel well, and left a broken plastic piece. I can stitch it, but it will look ugly, I want it to look nice. Does anyone know where I can get a fitting piece to put on? Thanks a lot.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I would suggest a scrap yard, looking for a Honda Civic or Accord. I expect the bodywork and trim pieces are interchangeable .

4. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly what you need, but there are a number of on-line sites that sell OEM parts.
    You can search for 'Hona Clarity Parts' to get started. Since they all carry the same basic parts, the prices don't vary much unless one of the sites happens to have a sale going.

Once you identify the proper part number this way, you can find other options easily by searching for that specific part number.

Here is an example of what you might need... This is for the right front:
    https://www.hondafactoryparts.com/oem-parts/honda-fender-assembly-r-front-inner-74100trwa01?

For $110, it doesnt seem too unreasonable.

5. It may be easiest to identify the part and order it online. FWIW: here is the guidance from the manual regarding the use of tire chains. CA5711F4-11B5-4F59-A284-C909B38CD1C4.jpeg

6. id4driver

id4driver New Member

Thank you, it is what I want.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. id4driver

id4driver New Member

Thank you all for helping with my question, I wish you all happy holidays!

9. id4driver

id4driver New Member

The shipping is killing the deal, mkre than 500 minimum.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

How much is shipping? Perhaps there's a forum member who lives near the source, would be able to pick it up, and ship it cheaper.

11. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

As I said, there are a variety of sources on line that carry the same OEM parts.
    Perhaps shopping around would find a more reasonable deal. If I have some time, I'll look around some too.

It is also worth checking with your dealer to see how much they would charge. You now know the part number (74100-TRW-A01) so googling, or asking your dealer about this specific part may help find a better deal.

Try 'Carid'... I have found them to be quite reasonable with shipping in the past. Their part price is a little higher, but if the shipping is fair, it might make sense:
    https://www.carid.com/honda-oe/front-right-fender-splash-shield-mpn-74100trwa01.html

Keep us posted.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Your Honda Dealer will charge zero shipping…