Noisy motor AWD Ioniq 5

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by apu, Dec 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Well that didn't take long, looks like we are seeing reports of unidentified front engine clicking, clacking in AWD models and some indication of harmonic (whistling)noises coming from the rear at highway speed. Seems like a statistically significant quantity of owners in this German forum are affected. https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=532&t=69953&sid=5da6d8fc5308b97e559d8d1edd0fe2f7

After dealing with these problems with my Kona for the past 2 years I honestly thought Hyundai had figured this out, I guess not :(

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Not really surprised with this but now disappointing to see this.

Thought maybe because this was newer generation of EV, there be better quality.

Going RWD with AWD was step in the right direction with finally modern interior, I like the Ioniq 5 much better than awful Kona which is based on ICE design.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If it was a hybrid, it wouldn't be so hard to buy one.

5. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

A bit of a task for some to translate the Deutch forum, but interestingly enough between it various posts and/or feedback from other Euro owners I am not as disappointed in the "winter 21/spring 22" impending release of the FE I5. The CAN/US production notification snails pace lags on yet personally provides ample time to reconsider pulling the trigger and adds additional due diligence to weigh the value an additional $10/20k more for the P*3, GV-60 and EQE offerings. Better half is already smiling and digging in awaiting spring 22 delivery of an I4 preordered months after my HI5 deposit. Hard call since have been a Hyundai fan for years, so time will tell. In my experience though patience has always won over the buyers remorse factor.

6. P*3, GV-60, EQE, I4? What language is this?

mustermutti and Domenick like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Model-without-make-or-context language. :)
    My guess is Polestar 3, Genesis GV60, and Mercedes EQE.

9. Remember when cars actually had names? Remember when people gave a damn about clarity in writing?

10. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Yes, this is disappointing; I would consider Audi Q4 ahead of those mentioned

11. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

I have yet to not hear annoying noises in an EV, and have owned several. I wish they would dampen those high frequencies completely.

There are even some complaints about the new Lucid and Rivian. Apparently the EQS *may* have eliminated the sounds. Have yet to try it out.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Polestar 3
    Genesis GV60
    Mercedes EQE

14. michael-in-raleigh

michael-in-raleigh New Member

hah! my other car is a Honda Clarity!