Energy consumption in the first 3 months

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Raja Nathan, Oct 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Raja Nathan

Raja Nathan New Member

Hello All,
    In the first 3 months with 4k miles, Pro-S is averaging 4.0 mi/kwh..
    I am interested to know how much other ID4 owners are getting.
    Thank you in advance.
    powerusage_image0.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. pucksave

pucksave Member

RWD-19" wheels?

4. DAVID DRUMMOND

DAVID DRUMMOND New Member

that's good. I think we only get about 3

5. JGIORD

JGIORD New Member

Car says 2.97m/KWH, but I call BS. To date I’ve driven 388 miles and consumed 231.78 KWH at a total cost of $45.75 (all home charging). That equates to 1.67M/KWH. And this doesn’t include the full charge I had when I received the car, so my figures are actually much worse. And I drive in ECO mode.

So far it would have been cheaper for me to have an ICE. Assuming the ICE averaged 30MPG, I would have used 13 gallons of gas at say $3.50/gallon my total cost would be $45.50

I guess the car wasn’t meant to have the AC blowing all the time. We shall see if things change in a couple of months.

6. Raja Nathan

Raja Nathan New Member

Pro-S RWD with 19" wheels.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

What is that 0.3kWh/h on the left reporting? Other than being a strange unit (the hours cancel out, and you are left with kW, which is much more natural), that icon looks like a gas pump...

9. Raja Nathan

Raja Nathan New Member

It is the energy consumption in a given time by the car from the traction battery. The car was ON /parked when i took the picture, so it was taking little power.

10. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was mislead by the title "Long Term". I guess that refers to the stats below the horizontal line? And the 300W refers to the current power draw? That seems reasonable for standby power, depending on what is running.

11. pucksave

pucksave Member

Wow so you pay over $.19 per Kwh even during off peak hours..wow

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JGIORD

JGIORD New Member

Seems really high right? I need to look into it.

14. Clearly the HMI designer needs a class in "Engineering Units" and to understand the difference between "Power" (kW) and "Energy" (kWh).

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  15. JGIORD

JGIORD New Member

OK, I found my problem. There was bad info in the APP. I am actually paying $.0523/KWH. I needed to adjust a setting in the app. I thought the APP would detect my actual cost at the time of charging but it doesn't. It is a manual figure you enter based on your plan.

GetOffYourGas likes this.