So, Hyundai did the battery swap on my buyback 2019 Kona

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Sep 4, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

As many of you know, I had my buyback completed early July. Late August, I received a survey e-mail from my local Hyundai dealer for service performed on 8/25. I didn't complete the survey as I no longer own the car. Today, I checked my old VIN and it shows that the battery was replaced on 8/25 and car has no open recalls.. I thought that they were going to auction the car without changing the battery..

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Very interesting. I asked the guy from Sedgwick that question and he said they will auction it off as is. Looks like that might not be the case.

4. Or maybe someone bought it at auction and took it into their Hyundai dealer and got a free new battery.

5. That's possible. I would think in that case it would probably be a dealer who will sell it again. But I understand that no matter what is history needs to be revealed. The Sedgwick guy told me because of the buyback the title will be flagged as salvaged.

6. Could be salvaged title in one state but not in the next. Each state is different.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. FloridaSun

possible but not likely.. It takes weeks for the battery to arrive, so they would have had it auctioned off very quickly and the buyer must have immediately ordered the battery.. Not likely but possible.

9. FloridaSun

There is a specific buyback/lemon title.. I once owned a Corvette with a buyback title.. Buyback was related to a paint issue that Chevy was unable to fix..

10. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

When I sold my car back, one of the things the dealer had to do was address all open recalls before the car could get sent for auction. It didn't really affect me at all - it was just one of the steps the dealer needed to take after the paperwork was signed.

11. The buyback agent told me the battery would be replaced before the car is auctioned.

12. To remove this ad click here.