North Poll aka Canada ;): Clarity delivery ETA wait times

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Apr 1, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Canadian Clarity ETA

1. 2-3 weeks

13.6%
  2. 4 weeks

4.5%
  3. 6 weeks

4.5%
  4. 8 weeks

11.4%
  5. 12 weeks

18.2%
  6. 16 weeks

2.3%
  7. Dealer has no clue...Thanks Honda Canada!

45.5%
  1. side eye

side eye New Member

It's pretty bad with the level of visibility regarding this car. No one knows if your car is made or when it is scheduled. No one knows if it's shipped. Usually dealers have an update on when they can expect their cars. There is no way cars just show up on there lots and they have no idea where to put them or who they go to. My original ETA was 6 weeks when I first put my order in on February 13th.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

There are lots of questions on our orders here and very few answers:

- miltondweller and iluvscuba have been waiting 13 weeks and have not got a solid ETA or VIN yet. For everyone else with orders placed later, has the wait for an ETA gotten much longer? Certainly the shipment rate seems to be much slower than the order rate, so I suspect the ETA wait is growing! Very little info here as no deliveries have been reported recently.

- Dealers are apparently being only allocated limited car orders for the year (one report of a 4 car limit and another 6 cars), and a number of dealers are sold out for the year. What about the dealers with more than 6 orders on their list? Do higher volume dealers get a bigger allocation? Are dealers taking orders and hoping to get an allocation later, or trade with other dealers to get the cars?

Edit: Actually JohnT reported that his dealer sold 6 of his 4 car allotment and does not know if he can get the last 2! What are those customers being told about their ETA?
    (http://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/first-post-new-touring-red-clarity-ontario-canada.1196/)

- Can dealers still order cars for their lot, or are all orders now only allowed with a customer bill of sale?

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. Jason

Jason New Member

I ordered mine in Ottawa as well. What colour and trim did you order? What dealer?

5. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

Base in grey. Ordered from smiths falls as all other dealerships wanted full MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi Mikep00 - Your order is 'probably' 'my' grey basic.... Smith Falls.. got nr 2 - was asked if I wanted Touring - and said well, if necessary but NOT black seats - so ended up with a gorgeous Crimson red, beige leather.. and the gray touring had still no info on arrival time. Hope you get yours soon. Gotta say I love mine.
    Cheers John

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Edited to add

I 'believe' Montreal dealers have STOCK and they are discounting; and you can get the Ontario rebate too ... just FYI

9. lorem101

lorem101 Member

Called the dealer today and he said my car is being produced this month and should get it either end of this month or early June. This is for a red touring ordered March 26. I hope it's accurate!!

Numbernine and MarkClarity like this.
  10. MarkClarity

First positive news about a potential reduction in ETA wait times. There remains orders from late Jan, Feb, and March which have had no feedback on ETA, so unless the Touring models jump to the front of the queue, there is a boatload of cars due before yours!

11. benmwaldie

benmwaldie New Member

Just wondering if you've actually done this or just heard of it. Talked to a few different dealers about ordering and they all said over 6 months so if Montreal has a few it may be worth popping over there to pick one up.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. lorem101

lorem101 Member

I have no clue if the salesperson has any special info or if he's full of...
    Let's see how it goes :)

14. Mikep00

Mikep00 Active Member

I contacted a ton of Montreal
    area dealerships and none had base model Clarity’s in stock. Not sure where @JohnT found his info. A few had tourings, but about the same as Ontario.

I did see a couple dealerships websites make it look like they had an in stock base model in unknown colour but when I called it was just an advertising gimmick to get you to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

15. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Hi Mikep00

I contacted a couple on May 2nd for a friend and it looked like they had better prices....

https://www.lallierhondamontreal.com/en/new-catalog/honda/2018-honda-clarity-hybrid-base-id8843

http://www.spinellihonda.com/en/contact-us

Spinelli 'claimed' to have stock (May 2) and can handle an Ontario sale - but I did not ask what model -
    so you are probably right and no base models available.

16. miltondweller

miltondweller Active Member

Hello johnT.

None of those websites list any available cars. i typically look for the vin, sometimes they will have the vin hidden from display in which case you can view the html source of the page to see if there is a hiddenvalue - which does not exist for both the sites.

i doubt any dealers have any in stock, its mostly a tactic to put down a deposit - my opinion.

17. MarkClarity

The Honda dealer in Dorval (hondadessources.ca) still has two red Tourings listed on its website.

18. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Finally talked to my dealer and her manager said my car should be here in 1 month + or - a few days.

I will not be happy if mid-Feb order in Toronto got theirs in late May or early June :mad::(

Edit:

Forgot to mention the dealer said if you order now, you will be looking at a 6-8 months wait. I am not sure if that is true or if they just want people to get the Accord Hybrid. But if I do get my car in mid June, I will have been waiting for 4.5 months

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    lorem101 likes this.
  19. side eye

side eye New Member

When did you order yours? I ordered mine on February 13th and still no word.

20. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Jan 28th

21. MarkClarity

I would be skeptical about any dealer estimate until it comes with a VIN number.

22. bigbug

bigbug Member

I followed the Clarity since it was announced last year at the NYC Autoshow. After 9 or 10 months of eager waiting, I test drove the Clarity north of Toronto in mid January. The sales guy told me there were 2 orders ahead of me (not sure true or false). So I called around, and fount that Downtown Honda had nothing in order at the time. I drove down and placed my order right away. The estimate was pretty accurate that I got my car in 2 months. Now I am feeling lucky after hearing the stories from you guys.

23. Atul Thakkar

Atul Thakkar Active Member

My understanding is that Touring model jumps ahead of Q, based on past allotment