I saw you (Kona Electric spotting)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by nigels, Feb 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I saw a white Kona heading west on HWY 2 towards Leominster, MA. I was in the eastbound lane around 1:30pm on October 24th. Car looked good in white.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Took quite a while to find this thread & dig it up. Spotted a blue w/ white top Kona EV on I-395 South, North Oxford Mass. about 8.5 miles north of the Conn. line around 5pm. My first sighting.

nigels likes this.
  4. KonaScot

KonaScot Active Member

Saw a Gray Kona EV in the Thornwood (NY) Shop-Rite shopping center yesterday. There's also a Gray Kona EV that parks occasionally at the Westchester County Airport (Millionair FBO).

5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

I just saw my first Kona EV in the wild in some time today in San Francisco. A turquoise (I forget the official name of the color) one parked by Canyon Market in Glen Park. I waved but I don't think they saw me.

6. arhnold

arhnold New Member

A gray Kona EV pulled up and parked next to my Blue Kona EV at a CVS in Arnold, MD. The driver didn't notice, but I was amused.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bruce M.

Well today was special: In the course of one shopping trip I saw two Kona Electrics, about 15 minutes apart, and about 2 miles away from each other. We're taking over!

nigels and arhnold like this.
  9. Surlycat

Surlycat Member

So Cal here - 5 fwy north toward Downey last week - me and one other 2022 Kona Cactus Fern Limiteds followed each other for a bit! Hey! That’s me!

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

arhnold likes this.
  10. bengineer

bengineer New Member

On a road trip last week I was blocked by a green Soul EV on one charger and a matching grey Kona in the other. Incredibly, the next parking space was a white Kona ICE version. I probably saw a dozen Kona EVs on that trip around Ottawa / Kingston / Montreal.

nigels likes this.
  11. Bruce M.

Wow, I just had my second ever 2-Kona-EVs-in-1-trip episode today -- this time at Stonestown Galleria in San Francisco. There's always lots of EVs in general at this mall because they offer free charging, but I almost never see Konas there.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. After 2 1/2 years of ownership I had seen exactly one Kona EV in the wild. Today on a holiday drive into Ontario cottage country I saw three in the space of 30 minutes! Go figure.

arhnold and Clamps like this.
  14. nigels

nigels Active Member

I saw you today: a shiny black Kona EV on Route 225 by Boch Honda in Westford, MA. You zoomed away from the traffic light. It was fun to see a “Kona launch”. Happy EVing!

15. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Today, heading up I-95 through Waltham MA around 2pm, green with a white roof, plate ends in G. You were behind
    my gray/white one for a while in the second lane [heavyish traffic], then I moved over and you went ahead and
    eventually vanished.

Might want to pay a little more attention to your following distance in general...

_H*

16. This was last week, I saw a grey Kona pulling out of the parking lot behind Shaw’s grocery store in Melrose, MA. We waved at each other.