Anyone want my Nexens? (Boston, MA area)

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by nigels, Jun 5, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. nigels

nigels Active Member

I replaced the Nexen tires on my Kona Electric when I picked up the car, with the intention of putting them back on at the end of the lease. Well, I have a year to go, and total mileage is still under 9,000 miles. So, the tires I have on the car now will last until the end of the lease next year, assuming the car isn't reclaimed by Hyundai earlier.

If anyone in the Boston area would like a free set of Nexens with delivery mileage only, DM me and we can arrange pickup. The date code on the tires is 0419.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

That's tempting, but I'm about to have a new set in a couple of days..

_H*

4. Can't hurt to have spares, you will be cursing yourself later if sidewall puncture happens;)
    Price is right.
    Still have my extra set I purchased for 80 bucks in 2019, which I will thrash on some gravel road on a future excursion.

5. nigels

nigels Active Member

BTW, I'm also willing to give away one or two tires if you don't want the whole set. I'll recycle them next weekend if I don't get any takers.

6. An Infomaniac

An Infomaniac New Member

DM sent!
    Thanks for the offer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. nigels

nigels Active Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that I now have someone lined up to pick up the Nexens. If they don’t follow through, I’ll be back. An Infomaniac is next on the list.

I’m just happy to have someone be able to put them to good use!

electriceddy likes this.
  9. A favorite 6 pack is definitely in order for that generous offer;)

mho likes this.
  10. Igor

Igor New Member

[​IMG] IMG_20210606_150952.jpg IMG_20210606_150955.jpg

Attached Files:

tjkvt likes this.
  11. nigels

nigels Active Member

That sucks @Igor! That must have been quite a pothole you hit. I hope that rim is recoverable.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Igor

Igor New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [QUOTE = "nigels, post: 135131, member: 12803"] Это отстой [USER = 16891] @Igor [/ USER]! Вы, должно быть, попали в выбоину. Надеюсь, обод можно восстановить. [/ QUOTE]
    Случилась такая история, шина не подлежит ремонту. Самое печальное, что нет возможности купить такую же шину, эта версия только для американского рынка, предложения в Бостоне принимали с удовольствием, но очень далеко.

14. DM sent. Thanks for thinking of your fellow EVers!
    Joe

15. nigels

nigels Active Member

Hi everyone, just a public service announcement: the Nexens have been taken. Thanks for playing!