Charging to 100%, even though set to 80%

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by EVRIGREEN, Jun 7, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. So, this is quite the dilemma! I set my 2019 Kona to charge to 80% max, which it was doing. Then I brought to the dealer for verification so I comply with buyback requirements (and get my $250). The next time I charged after the dealership, it went to 100% even though BlueLink is set to 80% and the actual car is also set to 80%. It sure was nice getting more than 320 miles for range; it's been a while. Anyone else experience this? And, more importantly, should I have the dealership try to fix it?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. My Bluelink reset itself to 100% the day after my software update. But I noticed it before my scheduled charging and reset it to 80 so I don't know whether it actually was reset to 100% in the car itself or whether the car would have charged to 100% had I not intervened.

It's been stable since.

4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

With the battery issue, you should charge to no more than 80% unless necessary. Check your car settings insuring the AC max is still at 80%. You can override this but it is not recommended. If it is set to 80% in the car, and it still charges above that, contact the dealer. The car is the limiting settings, not Blue Link. Blue Link has put a software remote charging level limit. This just means you can't send a command to the car to go over 80%. The car still controls the charge level.

5. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Make sure that both AC and DC are set to 80%. DC is only for fast charging, AC is level 1 & 2.

6. Everything is set to 80%. But it's charging to 100%. I know how to charge my car lol. I also know how to set the limits. This all changed when the dealer got involved. It was and still is set to 80% but now it's suddenly charging to 100.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Sounds like somebody made a boo boo somewhere.

9. Jimct

Jimct Active Member

Figured as much, but I thought I'd throw that out there. Got to be a software issue then, that's just annoying to have to bring it back in.

10. Had the software limiting check done today. Now Blue Link does not show the charge limits % nor is there any way to set the charge limits in Blue Link.

11. My Canadian app will let me go lower than 80% through Bluelink but not higher. Still no problem going higher directly through the in car screen settings.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. My American version of Blue Link no longer shows charge percentages at all. Making Blue Link even more useless than it was before!