Post pics of your Kona..

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Jul 23, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. Ginginova

Ginginova Active Member

IMG_20200811_170605.jpg

apu, Clamps, KiwiME and 4 others like this.
  3. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Tree semen! Tree semen for EVERYone!

4. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

My 2021 Pulse Red Ultimate. Still getting used to the fanciest, most tech-laden car I've ever owned. The most difficult thing to get used to? Push button shifting. I keep reaching for a gear shift... T_IMG_1775.jpg
    T_IMG_1775.jpg

Attached Files:

apu, electriceddy and Ginginova like this.
  5. Kona2EV.jpeg
    Here's the new one, built in Korea March 2021, registered in New Zealand 28 April, transported to the
    Wellington dealer who had the roof gloss black vinyl wrapped, and picked up by me on 10 May with
    27 kms on the odometer.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    apu, Wildeyed, Ginginova and 4 others like this.
  6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Looks awesome! Much more appealing with the new wheel design and the color coded fenders.
    I guess that will also pull the plug on this intriguing thread :
    https://insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/number-of-kona-dimple-depressions.5968/
    RIP :(

John Lumsden likes this.
  8. It's growing on me. Its Tesla-esque nose originally bothered me, because I am not fond of the Tesla design, but the other details break it up a bit and add some visual interest. The colour-coded fender flares are a bit more well integrated than the original grey ones though I do wonder about paint chipping. And I do miss the chrome flourish on the running boards.

9. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

Very nice!

10. Evan Pasqual

Evan Pasqual New Member

apu, BC-Doc and electriceddy like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Shark

Shark Active Member

Paint chipping? Aren't they plastic?

13. I can't tell from photos. But, even so, they'd be painted plastic as opposed to unpainted as in previous model years.

Shark likes this.
  14. Shark

Shark Active Member

I was thinking they would be no more prone to paint chipping than the body color bumper covers.

In any event, I have no issues with the gray fender flares as they make the Kona look more SUVish...with one exception. IMO the rear ones should be shaped similarly to the front ones. and not wrap around the rear corners on the car. The rear ones cover too large an area. They sort of making the Kona appear as if the car just came out of the body shop, and the body shop did not yet get around to painting all the body panels.

Wildeyed likes this.
  15. Evan Pasqual likes this.
  16. Charging yesterday next to these two beauties. The ID3 seems to be similar in overall size to the Kona but with slightly more rear legroom.

IMG_1134.jpeg

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    Ginginova, Clamps and electriceddy like this.
  17. Is New Zealand some sort of EV early-adopter heaven?

18. Very considerate to charge downwind from the other 2, you never know when the sparks may fly:D

19. Evan Pasqual

Evan Pasqual New Member

Yes its Red/Orange...

20. hieronymous

hieronymous Active Member

A recent motoring column suggested that EV manufacturers appear to be prioritising their early production of new models toward countries with green power generation, to maximise exposure - most of our generation is hydro or thermal.
    Their prices put them out of reach for most kiwis for now, more drooling than adopting...

21. Stéphane Vallée

Stéphane Vallée New Member

here is mine with new ev fast wheel and hyundai roof bar … and new kayak 64816339951__D1A353EC-DC9D-4673-898A-33B67582AB16.JPG IMG_0999.JPG

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Inside EVs

TXP, ehatch, apu and 3 others like this.
  22. Very nice!
    Is the yellow color on the headlights a requirement where you are located?