Hello from South Shore, Nova Scotia.

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by BernieNS, Apr 22, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BernieNS

BernieNS New Member

We just completed the first 1000kms in our 2021 KonaEV, and what can I say, super impressed!
    I had signed a deal on a 2019, with the clear understanding that all the battery concerns had been dealt with. After additional research, mostly in this forum, I realised that the salesman was spewing "alternative facts", and really didn't know, or didn't care about the battery recall and the 80% charging limit.
    I got my deposit back, and went ahead with a new one, persuaded by the federal and provincial rebates. I'm nearly 70, and this is my first new car. I hate depreciation!
    We have had a 2014 Volt for 3 years, and it is gone to our daughter, and will be doing mostly electric in the city. Superb car, and our driving was about 50/50 gas/electric, but the Kona has better visibility, higher entry, and of course is full electric. Shorter wheelbase, but better suspension, so the road manners are similar.
    The front tires are not going to last long, with that addictive torque :)
    A hitch is on order.
    Looking forward to educating myself on this forum!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Welcome to the forum ....!

4. Always great to hear good news, and thank you for that. I am sure Kona EV will deliver much happiness for your family for years to come. Lots of pertinent information available on various aspects of ownership on this forum and will enjoy seeing your input as well;)

5. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sure that you will love the Kona.. I have 50k miles on mine and love it.. No degradation so far. I do have a Tesla Model Y on order (delivery some time in May) but not because I have issues with the Kona. My reasons are that my kids are getting bigger and need more leg room in the back as also the Supercharger Network.. We have family in South Texas that I can't visit with the Kona unless I'm willing to drive 150 miles extra to get there and once there, charge at Level 2 speeds for hours and hours at a BMW dealership which is the only publicly accessible Level 2 charger in the area... There are plenty of Tesla Superchargers on the shortest route, so it's Tesla time for me.. Like I said.. no issues with the Kona.. Car has been amazing.

6. eastpole

eastpole Active Member

Welcome, Bernie! Great to hear that your Volt will find a mostly-electric role.

7. To remove this ad click here.