Hyundai Kona EV Recall #199

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by GeorgeS, Dec 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Michael Taylor

Michael Taylor New Member

I try not to worry about what the updates do. I just get them done and go on with life. The recall I'm more interested in is #200, which replaces the battery. That should begin sometime next month.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tim Thornley

Tim Thornley New Member

I think not worrying too much about what the updates do might be good advice. My car came back with no setting changes but for some reason a range of things work just a little differently. Not in terms of how you control or set them just the fine detail of the function. In particular adaptive cruise control and hard braking after already braking at maximum regen. I have found that nobody will tell exactly what the updates do. Overall it is better so I am happy.

R P likes this.
  4. Subject: Recall 199;
    My car has 2 NHTSA recalls outstanding: 199 and 200.
    I took car to dealer to get just the recall-199 work done .
    The Dealer prepared a work order which showed 3 recalls to be done together: "T6C", "T5V", "199". I was not prepared to leave the car there for all 3, especially the "T5V" (BMS update).
    Reeves-Cerritos would not do only the Recall 199. Insisted they had to do all 3 "recalls" then/there.
    I had to leave without any work done.
    I suggest that the instructions between; Hyundai, Owners, NHTSA, and Dealers need much improvement.

ehatch likes this.
  5. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

I have noticed post the brake recall(01D102/R0178: integrated electronic brake update) done.It remains status open,no fix I imagine.To date,in sport mode,the vehicle's level 3 regen.no longer works like before,and mechanical braking appears to take longer to stop.No error codes as I almost rear ended someone post the update,not knowing it was going to do this.

Whatever BMS "logic" update (01D0076)done has now locked eco mode to a maximum speed of 55miles/90km.Pre, I could go well above this speed which was surprising as it felt the same as normal mode when maintaining speed.

6. Not on mine, and I have all the recalls done (other than the battery replacement). I use level 3 in ECO mode, and drive at 130 kph regularly, even had it up to 140 to pass someone a couple weeks ago. Nothing has changed for me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Genevamech

Genevamech Active Member

Man, remember when the most sophisticated electronic device in the car was the AM radio? Good times...

9. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

\
    I wasn't on the highway,and set it to eco mode for city driving when that limit popped up. I wasn't using ACC either as I was charging*

Also, I tried to accelerate above 120km/74 miles to get out of another vehicle's way coming at me at about 150km/93miles.My pedal was on the floor,I couldn't accelerate to the capped 167km/103miles.Also a new problem post the campaigns.

post bms fw032821.jpg

10. Well, 167 kph is pretty darn fast. I have never tried that!! Where was it that you wanted to go that fast?

But mine certainly accelerates very quickly to 140, and only at that speed for a a couple seconds while passing and then back down to about 120.

XtsKonaTrooper likes this.
  11. Did you or someone inadvertently engage eco+ rather than your usual eco mode? Eco+ imposes limiters.

HepKona, electriceddy and R P like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

No eco + with 1 tap

14. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

Not just instructions,details for what the campaigns ,or recalls actually do is transparency.Allow the consumer to determine if they want one,especially if there's a material change. After my list of updates,my kona electric's not what I purchased:range,charge time,infotainment function. Range debate,it's not fine if you can no longer exceed EPA with driving style,excluding hyper miling.Some owners were achieving about 100km/62 miles above EPA;I was one.

syntaxfx, apu and XtsKonaTrooper like this.
  15. ehatch

ehatch Active Member

I paid attention to what I was doing with drive mode selection recently.I watched my driving mode change as I pressed the button.It's pretty intentional to get into eco+ . You're correct my speed is limited while in eco+ , but I didn't put it there when I was confused as to "how"I was being limitedo_O

Watching more carefully going forward as my Audi etron modes slipped on its own,software glitch likely.Until I got it on video/jpeg,dealership looked at me like I was crazy.

16. Danhen

Danhen Active Member

Yes, but it needs to be pointed out some recalls are not software related and therefore can't be done over the air. Our Model 3 was recalled for loose brake caliper bolts, and the closest dealer was 3 hours away. At least Kia and Hyundai have a much larger dealer network versus the number of service locations Tesla has.