No bluelink, no problem

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by teamer, Oct 24, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

Do y ou have blue-link app

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  3. Yes but no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. teamer

teamer New Member

Hi Evan,
    I will try my best to find some time and export it as a web app.
    As for 2 mobiles, you will still need an android phone inside your car, I purchased a small android phone and a dedicated sim card (for the internet) as I mainly use this while on long-trips charging while eating, or just to check the status if charging on slow charger in a hotel.
    If you or any of your friends can build iPhone apps, I would gladly expose the API for them so they can build the app for iPhone (the daily device, not the one in the car)

I will keep you guys updated once a web version is out!
    Cheers

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Evan Pasqual

Evan Pasqual New Member

I have one iphone and one Android. So if i can use my android to send data to a web page, i would read data from iphone's web page.

4. teamer

teamer New Member

Webpage ready: https://evc.okitoo.net

However you will need to register using the android app (from any device, verify email and you can uninstall the app after), until i have some time to build a web-based registration

5. Evan Pasqual

Evan Pasqual New Member

My friend you are the best !

I just try your web app and its GREAT !!! Ok so now i have the android phone in to my car and reading the SOC to my web page @ my iphone !!!

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you.

I will send you feedback !!!

6. Evan Pasqual

Evan Pasqual New Member

I can read the SOC even from my pc !!! I wish my obd can read even when the power switch of Kona is off !!! (Not your problem).

I also see that the car should be power on to read obd. I will check it when charging.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teamer

teamer New Member

Glad you like it!
    There is a way to keep the OBD on even if the car is switched off. the steps I do for my Kona:

1- Turn car off
    2- Plug the car
    3- Once the charging starts, switch the car on, OBD turns on
    4- Hit the refresh button on the app (car-device) the app connects to OBD, all lights are green
    5- Switch car off (OBD will still run as long as it is charging)
    6- close the app on the in-car-device and lock the screen (so that the device doesn't heat up, fire is not good!)

The Anrdoid app (daily, not in-car device) also provides push notifications for when the in-car-device heats up, will be adding this feature to the web version as well!
    there are also notifications when the charging stops (due to charger error or anything else ... this was maily the reason i built this app, not nice when charging stopped while in a restaurant at 15% and still had 300km to drive)

Also will be building an MQTT client, in case you have some home-automation server, your home will know the charging state of your car :D

Fastnf and Evan Pasqual like this.
  9. teamer

teamer New Member

If anyone has any other requests for features please let me know. I have ideas of my own (charging curve / history) but not really motivated to add this :p

Also i noticed the app crashing sometimes on the "daily device". if anyone can reproduce this please explain how so I can fix it. as i have not been able to reproduce the issue on demand (which makes it difficult to track and fix).

I have tested the app only on Kona 2019. if you have tested it on another years or on an e-niro and it works please let me know :)

10. Navig8tor

Navig8tor New Member

Hi!

I've just registered because I was looking for a solution for the exact same problem that you describe and the app is supposed to adress.
    The problem is that it doesn't even appear on any of my phone's play store and if I follow you link, I can't install it from the play store on the browser.
    Can you provide the apk ou point me to where I can download it?

Thanks.

11. Navig8tor

Navig8tor New Member

Follow up: I found the apk on apkpure, installed it and registered. Now it asks for a confirmation code that was supposed to be sent to my email, but I didn't receive it. Even checked spam, nothing...

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. besides tell you charging% does this app do anything else? i betting not much for bluelink replacement.. great job btw!