SUV for Newbie

Discussion in 'General' started by Nellie81, Oct 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Nellie81

Nellie81 New Member

Hello all, I’m a complete newbie to the EV market but am very interested in purchasing a fully electric SUV.

Here’s some background:
    -have two kids who play sports, so I’m looking to purchase an SUV
    -I am looking for something in the luxury category. I’m turning 40, I’ve worked my butt off and it’s time for mama to enjoy a new car!
    -I live just outside Toronto, Canada
    -I would do mostly local driving, my in-laws live about 120 km away in terms of a round trip and that would be the furthest we’d take this vehicle

I test drove a 2019 Audi E-TRON which I thought was great. But my husband was bit worried that the model was nearly 2 years old. So we thought let’s try a Model X - go big or go home right?? I have to say I was disappointed with the model X. The tech was fabulous, self driving etc but I just didn’t like the overall interior. I found the rearview mirror a little small as well as the rear window. I just didn’t feel like I was sitting in a luxury vehicle and if I’m going to spend upwards of 100K, I better feel great right?

So wondering where to go from here. I could try the iPace, the EQC is not available in Canada yet. I could also wait to see when the 2021 E-TRON would be available. Hoping to get some great advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

You might look at the Chrysler Pacifica plug-in van. Huge interior with a reasonable (not great) urban EV range. But the gas engine will provide plenty of heat in the winter.

Bob Wilson

4. You also might consider the Volvo XC 40 recharge which is currently in production and starts deliveries the first quarter of 2021. It is all wheel drive and has a range of over 300 km, There is also a plug in hybrid version

electriceddy likes this.
  5. If you're not in any particular rush, have you looked into the Rivian R1S?

Expected to go on sale in Q3 2021, sometime late summer.

Top-end model should reach 640km of range. Pricing is ~$105k CAD.

https://rivian.com/r1s

6. EVDog

EVDog Member

How about the Kia Niro EV Premium? It’s a small crossover, plenty of range, decent space. Worth a look, at the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. HyperMiler

HyperMiler New Member

Consider the Etron Sportback with the smaller wheels. Better range than Model X in real life, and the most comfortable car ever.