Question for Owners about sensors

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by chuckh007, Sep 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. chuckh007

chuckh007 New Member

Why does the Premiium not have Blind spot warning ? And how does one park in the garage without front sensors ? (the rear has them) ?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The same way you parked before cars had front and rear sensors. You watch where you're going.

4. IanM

IanM New Member

UK First Edition. If you reverse the front sensors turn on for a while, or simply use the button on the centre console.

5. TandM

TandM Active Member

Our 2019 Niro EV EX Premium Launch Edition has both blind spot and front sensors.

Are you in the US Market? Looking at the specs, it has blind spot listed for both versions on the 2020.

6. Poorman

Poorman New Member

Our 2020 US EX Premium has both blind spot and reverse sensors.

Looks like the front sensors were only on the launch edition, wish I had them for parallel parking.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chuckh007

chuckh007 New Member

Poorman.....you are right.....the premium ones for 2020 do not have front sensors....stupid ! However, the Kia web site says that they do and they also say the the Prems do not have blind spot detection (with rear cross traffic alert ) What ??

9. Daiglea

Daiglea New Member

I have a 2020 SX Touring and it does have the front sensors, cross traffic alert and blind spot detection.

10. chuckh007

chuckh007 New Member

Wait....is that 2020 SX Touring a Kia Niro EV ???

11. RDA

RDA Member

That is a Canadian model. Seems our friends up north don't realize the trim lines and models are different between Canada and the USA. i.e. Canada has seat memory, we don't. Also, all Niro EV's have blind spot warning. As do almost all Kia's in general.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chuckh007

chuckh007 New Member

RDA....Thanks

14. Poorman

Poorman New Member

Can confirm, car has cross traffic warning as well on my premium.

15. Daiglea

Daiglea New Member

I do have a question since my vehicle is quite new. Today the forward collision warning came on while I was driving and caused the car to brake suddenly even though there was nothing in front of me. Has anyone encountered this issue? Should I take it to the dealer to check?

electriceddy likes this.
  16. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

That's happened to me once or maybe twice in the 8 months I've had mine, but then again my Bolt did the same thing now that then as well, maybe once or twice a year.

I chalk it up to no system being perfect and gets fooled now and then and yes it sure can be freaky when it occurs. I would say that if it occurs regularly for no reason then definitely take it in to be checked out, but it could just be one of those random false-positive things that may not happen again for a long time.

17. My Kona EV has done the same thing, you can adjust the level in the settings to late, normal or early. One poster found a leaf stuck on the radar sensor on the front, causing a similar issue.

18. DerekA

DerekA New Member

Are you in the UK or something? I have a 2019 EX Premium and mine has blind spot warning.

Why do you need forward sensors to park???

19. Ellen Lorang

Ellen Lorang New Member

Seat Memory! Had I known you Canadians got seat memory I might have driven the 1,000+ miles north to get a Canadian model. I wonder if there is anything the USA version has that the Canadian doesn't?
    ---feeling jealous

Ceetee likes this.
  20. Are you sure that you don't have them. In UK 1st edition eNiro does have them.
    Also when your driving over a certain speed, they turn off. To re engage them you need to change the "gear" dial eg. change to "Park" then back to "Drive".

21. Colin Munro

Colin Munro New Member

Front sensors are only available on the 4+ in the U.K. now. The 2 &3 it’s not an option. I’ve just ordered the 4+ and I’m trading my Hyundai Kona.

22. Colin Munro

Colin Munro New Member

To stop him bumping into me

23. chuckh007

chuckh007 New Member

I am glad that you guys are having so much fun !! Like most people these days, it is apparently impossible to put ones self in anothers shoes. You should see my garage. We need a hanging tennis ball for my wife to park her car safely. And I will be damned if I will do it again for a new car. However, i might have to. Come on now with your witty responses.

Colin Munro likes this.