Model Y price reduced $3,000

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by bwilson4web, Jul 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-price-reduction/

By GenePosted on July 11, 2020
    Tesla has reduced the price of its Model Y crossover by $3,000 in North America. The price reduction comes roughly three months after the company began delivering its first production Model Y cars to customers in March, and one month after the company cut prices across its entire Model S, Model X, and Model 3 lineup.

Tesla Model Y Long Range is now listed at a base price of $49,990, a $3,000 savings from the previous $52,990 pricing. Model Y Performance also saw a price reduction of $1,000, from $60,990 to, now, $59,990.
    . . .

Bob Wilson

Frank K likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Roy_H

Roy_H Active Member

Although nice to see the price drop, I don't think it will make much difference in sales.

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

Inspite of skeptic claims, Tesla sells every car they make either in the quarter produced or the next.

Bob Wilson

5. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

I wonder if this is a reaction to the upcoming Nissan Ariya. Tesla's pricing variations remind me of the now defunct Sears. You'd buy an item only to find it substantially reduced in price in the next sale. It got to a point where smart customers would put off purchases until they went "on sale".

To be clear I'm not Tesla bashing. Would love to have one regardless of some of the build quality issues reported here. I really do believe that if it weren't for Tesla there would be no EV revolution (evolution) period.

6. bwilson4web

Or it could be the mission statement to move the world towards sustainable energy.

Tesla has improved production efficiency and Tesla is sharing the results with future customers.

Bob Wilson

Roy_H likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Roy_H

Roy_H Active Member

Most certainly not. Ariya is no threat to Tesla. Tesla has a goal to make their Model 3 and Y cars affordable to the largest part of the market, and this requires lower prices. Whenever they succeed in reducing their costs, they pass that on in reduced prices. Tesla generally doesn't react to competitors, just do their own thing. I do think the exception to that was Tesla bringing their Plaid Model S to Nurburgring as a reaction to the Porsche Taycan.

bwilson4web likes this.