Did You Get One?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Clamps, Jul 12, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. So I was going through my swag bag from my Hyundai dealer and noticed a postcard type mailer. It was sealed and had a big Hyundai logo on one side and Chargepoint on the other. I opened it up and inside was a Chargepoint card. My salesman didn't tell me about it, maybe he didn't know. The sadly funny part, the day before I was updating my chargepoint app with a new credit card and misunderstood the menu. I deactivated my current card and you are not allowed to reactivate so I did what any normal human would do and ordered another card not realizing I had a free one from Hyundai already sitting in a bag. Anyway, did anyone get a chargepoint or other type of card with your purchase? There weren't any credits or anything associated with it so it only has a $5 value in the US.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. When I ordered my chargepoint card (because my new phone didn't have NFC any more ) I actually got it for free.

4. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

My 2019 came with a Chargé Point card with Hyundai on one side. It has worked at every terminal I've tried it at.

5. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

I never saw that card - I have the ChargePoint app on my phone, and just use my phone to initiate charging. I think the only actual card that I have in my wallet is EVgo - Electrify America is switching to using the phone to activate as well.

6. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Got my Chargepoint card with the car.. I'm still using it.. There was no money in the associated account..
    Got Chargepoint, Greenlots and EVgo cards.. Most RFID readers on EVgo are broken and I'm using the app.. 20200714_104850.jpg

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Unfortunately very true. I think my card only worked once. Always been using the app since.

9. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

I'm having an interesting problem with my Greenlots account.. I have a greenlots card associated with my account. I
    To EVgo's defense, their chargers have a very high success rate when charging, just not with credit card or RFID card.. Usually works flawless with the app but just don't try the credit card or RFID reader..

Greenlots used to be very unreliable but lately, I've had a very high success rate with their chargers.. Their old ones were crap but the new ones seem pretty reliable..

Esprit1st likes this.