Why I can open windows with the remote

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex800st, Jun 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

but can't close it? On my old BMW I could do both.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

You can close them with the key (turn to lock twice).

Alex800st likes this.
  4. Skynosaur

Skynosaur Member

Because Honda is a safer car.

Imagine having a party with the car's window down and music on. Someone was leaning on the door with his hands against it. For any reason someone remote rolls up the window and that person lose a finger.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

cyberteen likes this.
  5. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

A lot of cars have pinch protection. The window will open if it senses something is caught in the window.

DaleL likes this.
  6. Every window would need pinch protection before they enabled such a feature.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

Power windows cutting off fingers is a relic of the past. Anti-pinch power windows have been a requirement for decades. Here is an example of the tests cars were required to pass per federal requirements back in 2006...
    https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/documents/tp-118-06_tag.pdf

The reason BMW offers auto close windows and Honda doesn’t is noon different than why one car comes with a sunroof and another doesn’t...because of different design and marketing strategies And priorities, nothing more. Buy the car with the features that are important to you...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Kerbe likes this.
  9. Sam Ng

Sam Ng New Member

Will be getting the 2020 Clarity Touring in a week, I'd love to at least lower the windows when approaching the car from the mall. Will this feature be available to Canadian models? There seems to be some difference between US and Canada versions?

Much appreciate your help.

10. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Mine is 2020 canadian, and that feature works. No power seats in the touring trip pissing me off though

11. Sam Ng

Sam Ng New Member

Thank you, funny you mentioned about the power seats! When I first sat in, it took me almost a min to "try" to find the buttons for adjusting seat, then to find out it's all manual :( I guess they need to keep the car lean, and maybe their wallet a bit fat :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

I’ve heard they have it for Americans, only us Canadians have to use our own muscles - just because we will not complain about it

craze1cars likes this.