Kudos to Kona Nav, latest revision (143U5W).

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by hwitten, Jun 21, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Heading back home from out Chilliwack way on Highway 1, westbound, got instructions all of a sudden to get off at next exit and follow new route.
    First time that's happened so I wasn't quite sure whether to follow or? I saw traffic ahead slowing so that helped me to decide :)
    This is out in the country in the Fraser Valley and Kona provided perfect instructions with a bunch of twists and turns to get around what turned out to be a vehicle accident on the freeway. Was routed back to the freeway after the accident location. Was happy with Kona Nav before and now even more so.
    Considering how many were ahead of us and also following I'm guessing lots of Google users. Personally I use Google 'very' occasionally as I like having the Nav displayed on larger screen and also on the HUD. All in all it was a nice ride in the country in our very own 'bubble'.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It is fairly good. The directions are not as clear as Googles. I almost missed an exit today since it was telling me to stay left at the exit but it was talking about the left turn at the exit. Google is smarter in that way.

Also the other day I drove in a highway that wasn't there, it showed the on and off ramps in the software so I was driving in-between the on and pianos on the screen. Really weird but in general it's not a bad software.

I just wish they had online maps.

4. SkookumPete

SkookumPete Well-Known Member

Did it give you any traffic info? I've yet to see any, as I believe it's obtained over HDR which has yet to penetrate our remote valley.

5. If by traffic information you mean the red/green lines along the roadway, then yes.
    When we got close to back on track I had a plan B but it was not needed. As soon as we had the freeway back on the map it showed red to the east (site of accident) and green going west.
    I did not notice if the HD icon was on the map. I assume we were receiving HD Radio.

6. I remember when we had Trump in town the highway was closed and the Hyundai Navi wanted me to go onto the highway. It didn't know it was closed. Luckily traffic was so heavy that I couldn't get on the on ramp, so I switched to Google maps and it showed the highway closed and routed me around to work.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. That would've been prior to latest update I would guess. Uses BlueLink routing now so hopefully much quicker. Certainly was in my case as First Responders were still working the incident.