Bluelink Message - High Voltage Battery Monitoring Update

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Jun 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Last week I started seeing the RED indicator in my BlueLink App - telling me I had an UNREAD Message. I clicked on it to see the message. Funny thing is it's dated 5-2-2020 ... However I JUST saw the RED notification about a week ago.

"2019-2020 KONA ELECTRIC (OS EV) HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY MONITORING UPDATE." (Pic attached)

Uh, OK ... so what? Am I supposed to do something? Is this suggesting SERVICE required? I CANNOT delete the message. I delete it, and refresh, the message refuses to go away & I now have a constant RED "unread' message notification ion BlueLink. I don't see anything in the vehicle dashboard indicating service needed.

Anyone else ever receive this?

Kona Msg.png Kona Msg.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

It's probably like the same e-mails I've been getting to bring my vehicle in for service. They want to update your software. Again, I am in no hurry to update until I see how other ppl fared.

4. Well, of you all me, I like it. Better charge profile and break lights stay on when using the left steering wheel paddle to come to a stop.

6. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Active Member

I received several BlueLink notifications of service required. I got rid of them by saying I already received them.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I went online to the BlueLInk web site - sure enough... This is that "campaign" requiring me to take the vehicle in for the software update, or whatever it is.

9. The update follows some exploding Konas.
    On a UK forum, they said the way it fastcfast after this update is different. So for safety reasons this should be done.
    I've done it myself and since I rarely fast charge, I haven't seen any difference

10. JoJoJo

JoJoJo New Member

Since receiving this notification my home charger has tripped the breaker twice... do you think this could be the reason?

11. Definitely not!

JoJoJo and Ronny like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.